Blood is needed for
1. At the time of Accident
First Aid Training Programme
Provide First Aid Training to Employee
First Aid saves lives and prevents minor injuries to become major ones. Conducting First Aid Training provides confidence to respond at the time of incidence.
Blood Donation Camp
We organize Blood Donation Camp at various places like :
1.Industry & Professional Organizations
2. School,College and Institutions
3. Church, Temple
4. Residential Society
and on events like
5. get to gather of particular Community
6. Religious function (Ganesh Utsav)
7. 14/June -World Blood Donor Day
8. 1/October – Voluntary Blood Donation Day etc.
Facts about Blood Donation
1. In our country, there is 40% shortage of blood supply.
2. 1 unit of your blood can save life of 1to 3 patients, which is a great service to humanity.
3. Our body contains 5 to 6 liters of blood.
4. During blood donation, 350 ml to 450 ml blood is collected.
5. Donated blood volume is replenished within 24 hours.
6. Person between 18-65 years of age and weighing more than 45kg can donate blood every 3 months, which is 100% safe.
7. Male can donate blood every after Three months and female can donate blood every after Four months.
What is Blood?
1. The Human blood is made up of different-different cells
2. The main components of blood are
3. WBC (White Blood Cell)
4. RBC (Red Blood Cell)
5. PLASMA (Fluid like substance)
6. PLATELET (Helps in controlling bleeding)
2. Natural Calamities
3. Major Operation
4. Combat Maternal Mortality
5. Patients of Leukemia, Thalassemia, Hemophilia, Sickle Cell etc.
Blood recovers after blood donation,
1. Plasma is replaced within about 24 hours
2. Red cells need about 4 to 6 weeks for complete replacement.
3. That’s reason one can donate whole blood after at least 8 weeks
Advantages of Blood Donation to Blood Donor
1. Save the life of injured person
2. Regular Blood Donor can get blood easily at the time of need
3. Regular health and blood are checked up
4. Have feeling of happiness and satisfaction towards society
5. Regular Blood Donation (2 to 3 times a year)
6. Lowers cholesterol
7. Lowers lipid level
8. Decreases incidences of heart attack, strokes
Who can donate blood ?
1. Person having good general health and feeling well
2. Individuals who are between 18-60 years of age meet weight (45 kg) requirements and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood.
3. Hemoglobin of a person should be approximately more than 12.5 gram percent.
4. A healthy human being can donate blood after every 3 month which means 4 times in a year
Who cannot donate blood ?
Who cannot donate blood ?
|1. Abnormal bleeding disorder
||1. Tattooing or body piercing
|2. Heart, Kidney, Liver Disorder
||2. Dental extraction
|3. Thyroid disorder
||3. Dog bite
||3. Root canal treatment
|4. Epilepsy, Mental disorders
||4. Unexplained weight loss
|5. Tuberculosis, Leprosy
||5. Continuous low grade fever
|8. Insulin dependent diabetics
|9. Uncontrolled High BP
Female donors cannot donate blood……
1. After delivery for one year
2. When lactating
3. During menstrual period and for 7 days there after
Male donors cannot donate blood……
If consumed Alcohol in the previous 24 hours
Before Blood Donation
1.Blood Donation process, from the time donor arrives until leaves, takes about 30 minutes.
2. The donation itself takes only 8to 10 minutes on average.
3. Make Sure that you have light meal and have plenty of water within last 4 hours
4. For any medication during last 3 days or any illness during last 6 months must inform to the doctor.
5. Before 3 days of blood donation, no consumption of Alcohol, Drugs, cigarette should be done.
6. Weight, Hemoglobin, Blood Grouping, Pulse, Blood Pressure and other necessary physical examination are done.
After Blood Donation
1. Drink plenty of fluids (Water/Juice).
2. No Extra diet is required
3. Take rest for 10-15 minutes.
4. Do not lift heavy objects with the arm used for donation on the same day.
5. If blood oozes form the puncture, press firmly on the area for 5-10 minutes and raise the affected arm.
6. If dizziness/fainting occur, lie down and raise your legs.
7. After donation, you can do your routine work.
8. Do not smoke or chew tobacco/gutkha for 3 hours.
9. Avoid alcohol for 6 hours.
10. Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
11. You can donate blood after 3 months.
Your blood is tested for
6. If a blood sample tests positive for any diseases, then….
1. Tests are repeated in duplicate.
2. Complete confidentiality is maintained about the test results.
3. Only donor is informed, counseled & encouraged for further testing.
4. Referrals to health experts are provided along with follow-ups.
You can contribute to the noble cause by
1. Regular Blood Donation after every three months.
2. Encourage your social circles for donating blood donation.
3. Organizing Blood donation Camp in colleges, Community, groreligious groups, festivals, occasional events and on a specific special important days.